Title: Bouncing back: bouncing forward
Purpose: To help you and others adapt and cope with studying during the pandemic (and afterwards) , explore some resources, helping each other and tips to deal with studying pressures.
Task Summary: You will explore some individual and groups ideas for actions and discuss with others.
This video offers tips for students to rapidly adapt to learning online- whilst maintaining health.
Choose one of the following
1. Identify and focus on what is most important for your course. Make a ‘poster’ for your wall in your study space!
2. Identify your realistic goals for this week. Note and diary small steps.
3. Communicate with your tutor, ask a question or ask for help. Be specific on what you need now.
4. Identify and then ask someone else for help for something you need to help you study – could be course related, some feedback or delegation of an everyday task to free up your time.
5. Plan your study routine for next week. Get a new diary or make your own reminder ‘poster’. Make it big and put it on your wall or window to help you focus- (bigger than 'post its!)
Post in the bulletin board which one of these you will focus on over the next few days. Think about at least one action and when you will do it. Then do it.
Post by tomorrow 11am please.
Find an additional resource related to maintaining your health whilst also achieving your studies in rapidly changing situations. The resource might be a tool, a blog, a video, a quote or saying. Post it in the group 'Resilience' wiki <link> saying why it helps you.
Get together online in your group of 4 and share your resources and discuss how they might help everyone. Post a summary (200 words maximum) in the wiki’ along with links to the resources.
Complete your group work by Friday 6 pm please
I will look at your wiki on Friday evening, give feedback and additional suggestions
Schedule & Time:
Watching the spark video needs 8 mins- but take as much time as you need to think about your responses. Say 60 mins? Finding additional resources shouldn’t take too long – but be creative- maybe another 60 mins? Then organising your group work discussing and posting- could be another 2 hours. So, it’s around up to 4 hours spaced out whenever you can during the week- but what an investment into your resilience!
Next: Maybe re-watch the video. Choose another action from the list. Give yourself a safe reward!
Professor Gilly Salmon's Website
Education Alchemists Services